Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

Untitled design (7)


If you are a foreign worker or student that has lived in Canada for some time, and have gained the appropriate skilled-work experience that is useful in Canadian society, the CEC is appropriate for you. Click here to find out if you are eligible. To meet the requirements for the CEC, applicants must have at least 12 months of full-time (30 hours of paid time per week) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply. An equivalent in part time experience works too, and you must meet the required language levels  (speaking, reading, writing, and listening), needed for your job.

If you are thinking of applying for permanent residence through the CEC and your work permit is about to expire, you may be eligible for a bridging open work permit. This work permit allows qualified applicants to keep working while they await a final decision on their permanent residence application.

According to the National occupation Classification, jobs that qualify for CEC include:

Managerial jobs (Skill type 0)

Professional jobs (Skill type A) or

Technical jobs and skilled trades (Skill type B) as defined in the National Occupation Classification

Find out more here and contact us to start your application process!