Federal Skilled Workers (FSW)

Untitled design (6)



You can apply to migrate to Canada as a permanent resident through the Federal Skilled Worker program. Skilled workers are chosen as permanent residents based on their education, work experience, knowledge of English and/or French, age, and a job offer.

Applicants must have sufficient work experience (over 10 paid years), including a minimum of one year of continuous experience in an occupation that is accepted by Canada’s National Occupational Classification.

Immigrants coming to Canada under the FSW immigration visa will need to show that they have the educational background to succeed in Canada. They must also have a degree in the field that is being applied for, either at a Canadian educational institution or at a foreign institution that is able to pass a Canadian Educational Credential Assessment. Applicants must also prove that they are proficient in the English or French language. They must include the original results of an English or French language test with your application. It must be a third-party language test from an agency approved by CIC.

FSW applicants must have a job offer already established in Canada, including a letter of acceptance.
The profession being applied for must also be classified under:

  • Managerial jobs (Skill type 0)
  • Professional jobs (Skill type A) or
  • Technical jobs and skilled trades (Skill type B) as defined in the National Occupation Classification.

Please, contact us for more information about your eligibility, and to start your application process!