Hosting nearly half a million international students, Canada is known to offer high quality education at affordable tuition fee with degrees that are globally recognised. Add to it, an excellent quality of life, immense post-study work and immigration opportunities – Canada stands out as a popular country to study among Indian students.
Here are the top 8 reasons why Canada could be a great choice:
One of the most important reasons why students choose to study in Canada is because of the high quality of education. When a student receives a degree from a Canadian university, it acts as a mark of trust and excellence. 26 of Canada’s universities rank in the QS World University Rankings 2019 and 27 of them in the THE World University Rankings 2019.
Ample research opportunities
One of the biggest reasons why Canadian education stands unique is because of its strong focus on research and development. If you’re a research scholar, there can be no country better than Canada. The government of Canada offers great support to research in the disciplines of medicine, telecommunication, agriculture, environmental science and technology.
Affordable, falls in budget
Tuition fee in Canada, when compared to universities in the US and UK, is fairly cheaper. And when considering the return on investment, it is quite a viable option for Indian students. ??You can also apply to a range of scholarships to cut down on your educational expenses.
In Canada, you’ll find extremely warm and welcoming people who come from varied ethnic groups with different cultures and lifestyle. The multicultural environment in Canada promotes friendliness and peaceful living like no other country. In fact, you will find a lot of Indians studying, working and living here. You can also experience festivals and rituals such as:
- The Montreal International Jazz Festival
- Calgary Stampede
- NHL Hockey
- Experience “Poutine Week” – The blend of French fries, delicious gravy and cheese curd.
- Just for Laughs comedy Festival in Montreal
Safe and peaceful
Canada has been consistently ranked as one of the safest nations in the world. In 2018, the Global Peace Index*, listed Canada as the sixth peaceful country across the globe. As international student, you’ll enjoy the same rights as any other Canadian.
Earn while you learn
Thanks to its special regulations, Canada provides all its international students with an opportunity to work for up to 20 hours every week during their semesters and full-time during the summer and winter breaks. To work on-campus or as an intern in any company, you would not require any additional work permit as your study permit is enough to help you find a part time job.
Vibrant and lively campus life
At all Canadian campuses you can expect events, fests, and other activities being conducted all through the year. This creates a happy and lively environment for all the students, helps you network and meet new people besides keeping the homesickness away.
Canada’s Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PWPP) allows students to stay and work in Canada for up to three years after completion of their graduation. You can gain some international work experience and apply for permanent residency later on.
Fun facts about Canada
- Do a good deal and get a positive ticket. The police in Canada can give you a “positive ticket” if they sight you doing something positive.
2. And you thought you had seen enough lakes? Canada has more lakes than all the lakes combined in the world.
3. Planning to study in Canada? Good choice; it is the most educated country in the world with more than half of its population having college degrees
4. Canada hosts almost five million international students
5. Play hockey on the Atlantic Ocean. In Newfoundland, Canada, the Atlantic Ocean sometimes freezes and that’s what the locals choose to do with it.
6. The license plate in the north-western territories of Canada are shaped like polar bears.